This is a note I’m sending to my valued friends and family. I think it’s a great representation of what I’m doing in 2009 that’s different for me.
- I’m repackaging my services to be extremely relevant to what brings me most joy and defines my best work
- I’m asking (at the ripe old age of a Baby Boomer in full swing) for what I want (that’s very hard for me to do)
- I’m asking my friends to help me realize my dreams of doing great work
As you read this note, think about how you might do something similar - need to refresh your services? Want to be more relevant in today’s markets?
I’m a firm believer that people love to help each other out, which is one reason I spend a good piece of every week networking with others, and in communicating in the social media realm… So here’s my note, in case it prompts some thoughts for you and your brand. And in the spirit of walking the talk… It’ll be interesting to see who ‘gets’ both the email and the blog post.
January 2009 - the sands of change are moving underfoot. The questions for many of us are: How will we keep our hopes and energy high, and how will we play a part in creating positive change?
Iâ€™ve decided to focus on enabling businesspeople to use social media.Â Iâ€™m writing today to both encourage you to join the conversation, and to ask for your support in growing my business.
Hereâ€™s the context as I see it:
- Much of the world is shifting from defensiveness to diplomacy. Listening and learning are increasingly valued as organizational practices.
- People are turning to each other for information, transformative and sustainable ideas, products and support. Word Of Mouth is increasingly important in consumer and B2B decision processes.
- Technology is facilitating these connections largely without regard to geographic boundaries. And communities â€“ like synapses â€“ are forming around ideas, causes and concerns.
Iâ€™m focusing my work on businesses â€“ from PR and advertising firms to product and service organizations â€“ being in shape to safely enter online conversations online using social media tools and practices.
In a time when marketing budgets are being slashed to save jobs, social media is becoming an increasingly viable communications option.Â What companies need in order to get desired results are: education, preparation and tools. Social media tools are relatively free, and measurable benefits await those who learn how to strategically implement a social media plan.
Iâ€™m ready and able to ensure that strategy, training, tool selection and launch of social media marketing fit each business like a glove. Most organizations can get the job done in 90 days. As you think social media, I would appreciate it if you thought of me.
Iâ€™d love to speak with you or your trusted partners and colleagues about what works and what doesnâ€™t, and share some of my recent experiences. Of course, you can find some of this on my blog at www.janetleejohnson.com.
Want to jump in? Iâ€™ll call soonâ€¦