I’m sitting at my desk on a monday morning for the first time in 18 months. I’ve just moved from being a full-time employee back to consulting again. Today is my first day in my consultancy again.
During those 18 months, I have been extremely fortunate, as I’ve:
- Rebuilt a marketing organization around a re-tooled business
- Developed a lead-generation mindset in marketing for those there - delivering more than 65,000 leads, mostly online
- Helped turn our online education business into something that was thriving enough to attract a buyer that shares the space and will propel our efforts forward
At the same time, I’m excited to be out in the world again.
- I have a passionate and successful company - K12 - as my first client, for whom I’m going to do some extremely interesting work.
- I’m going to have the freedom and flexibility to write more for myself. (I’ll do it here, in case there are folks out there still interested in reading…)
- I’m very much looking forward to applying the lessons learned from my last time around as a consultant in order to improve that experience as well.
So today, I celebrate the delicious in-between - the morning of a new beginning and the successful wrap of a lovely new experience and adventure. The in-between of anticipation and satisfaction. Of excitement and edginess. Of delight and deliberation. I’ll live here for a day.